I discovered something else about Goodreads today while I was updating a book. So, authors, you may find this useful.
Some books I noticed did not have a book cover, and I thought maybe the author had never done it before. It was while I was doing this I also discovered you can upload a book teaser too, or any graphic that relates to it, although it mustn’t be a second cover.
- Go to your author dashboard and scroll down to your books.
2. Select the one you wish to add the cover and teaser to.
3. In small grey letters on the bottom right you will see edit details. Click on that.
4. This will bring up your book. Where the title is showing on mine, I needed to add the words An Electric Eclectic book. You are required to add a note for the Librarians to explain why you have changed it.
Because all my books have covers, I can’t show you a blank one. Where my cover shows it will say upload cover.
5. It was here that I noticed it also said add additional images. Be sure to click the appropriate boxes – there are two that say you have the right to use the photo and it is not a cover.
If I discover anything else, I’ll be sure to pass it on!