Occasionally, an author may want to send a book directly to your kindle, or you would like to send yourself something. The only thing holding your back, is that you don’t know how.
Follow my a step by step guide to help you make the most of using your device.
- Log into Amazon and go to your account.
2. You will see on the bottom left, Digital Content and Devices. Click on here.
3. Along the top you will see three tab. Your Content – where all you books are stores; Your Devices – a list of what you own and Settings, which is where we are going to investigate.
4. Click on Personal Document Settings.
5. Here you will see your Kindle’s email address. Make a note of it. You will also note at the end it says edit. This mean you can personalise it to make it easier for you to remember. I changed mine. When you have your address, make a note of it.
6. Now scroll further down and you will see Approved Personal Document E-mail List. Your own email address should be here and if you look at the blue writing underneath it says add a new approved email address. Click on it and add the one you have been given. If it is a @gmail.com account, you only need to add the last bit as shown. This authorises all holders of gmail and saves you having to do it again. No one can send you anything unless your give them your Kindle address, so you don’t need to worry about add the generic one.
My email ends in gmail.com. So if you have followed these instructions and would like to receive a free book. Contact me here letting me know your kindle address, and I’ll send one over.
I hope you have found this useful and I encourage you to explore your account on Amazon, its amazing what you find.